Hybrid has no restrictions on genre, but here are some of the things we enjoy:
- Experienced identity
- Psychological struggles
- Coming of age stories
- Inventive writing styles and techniques
- New takes on humanity: past, present, and future
Don’t let this list stop you, but here are some things we’re wary of:
- Gore, body horror, etc.
- Alternate histories
- Post-apocalyptic worlds
Hybrid Ink will not, under any circumstances, publish content that portrays any of the following without justification:
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or other forms of discrimination
- Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18
- Rape, torture, dubious consent, or forced seduction
- Gratuitous violence, gore, or death
For more information, please see here.
If you have any doubts about your content and these lists, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Long form — Open
Hybrid Ink is seeking novels, novellas, and novelettes to publish for the 2018 catalog. To submit, please contact us at email@example.com with a query containing a synopsis and a sample chapter or two.
Short story collections may be considered, as well, and in that case, please specify the unifying theme of the collection, provide a brief synopsis of each story, and the licensing status of each story.
Short form (usually for anthologies) — Closed
Short-form fiction is published in the form of anthologies. These will usually be topical and announced here when the calls are opened. There are currently no open calls.