Creative Non-Fiction Submissions
Hybrid has no restrictions on topics for creative non-fiction. Here are some of the things we love to see:
- Examinations on social interactions
- Deep-dives into a topic the author loves
- Eclectic fields of interest tied together by a story
- Or a single field of interest tied together by eclectic stories
- Non-fiction on a topic that the author has first-hand experience with
Don’t let this stop you, but here are some things we’re wary of:
- Lists of facts
- Lists of events
- Bulleted lists
- Self-help books
- Screeds, diatribes, and invective
We will not accept the following for feasibility, liability, or academic reasons:
- academic papers
Hybrid Ink will not, under any circumstances, publish content that portrays any of the following without justification:
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or other forms of discrimination
- Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18
- Rape, torture, dubious consent, or forced seduction
- Gratuitous violence, gore, or death
For more information, please see here.
If you have any doubts about your content and these lists, please don’t hesitate to ask!
Long form — Open
Hybrid Ink is seeking longer works of creative non-fiction in the form of memoirs, investigative journalism, essay collections, or books. To submit, please contact us at email@example.com with a query containing a synopsis and a writing sample.
Essay and letter collections may be considered, as well, and in that case, please specify the unifying theme of the collection, provide a brief synopsis of each piece, and the licensing status of each essay or letter.
Short form (usually for anthologies) — Closed
Short-form non-fiction is published in the form of anthologies. These will usually be topical and announced here when the calls are opened. There are currently no open calls.