Hybrid is keenly interested in the creative use of words and language within poetry. We are interested in seeing poetry of all types and forms, but here are some of the things we enjoy:
- Exploration of identity through poetry
- Classical and modern forms, or formless poetry used effectively
- Poetry as a means of dealing with or internalizing emotions
Don’t let this list stop you, but here are some things we’re wary of:
- Epic poems
- Song lyrics
And finally, here is a list of things we will not accept presented in a positive light:
- Racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or other forms of discrimination
- Pedophilia or sex with characters under the age of 18
- Rape, torture, dubious consent, forced seduction
- Snuff or Necrophilia
Poetry is published either in the form of a collection of a single poet’s work or in the form of anthologies. If you have a collection of poetry, please contact us at email@example.com with a query containing and explanation of the collection and some representative works.
Anthologies will usually be topical and announced here when the calls are opened. There are currently no open calls.